Thursday, December 4, 2008

Granola

I got this recipe from Heather a few years back when I put together my recipe book. It's so good and you can change it up a bit to make it just how you like it.


Granola

6 cups rolled oats
¼ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup raisins or other dried fruit (I use Craisins)
1 cup coconut
1 cup nuts, chopped
⅓ cup sesame seeds

Mix all ingredients except raisins. Stir in and coat thoroughly with:

½ cup oil
⅓ cup honey
2 tsp vanilla

Spread on cookie sheet and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Add raisins or other dried fruit and bake 5 more minutes.

*notes:
-I use sliced almonds, but have used walnuts before too. I like the almonds because they are thin and crunchy.
-this last time I added some molasses, so using the 1/3 cup alotted for honey I put in about 2 Tablespoons of molasses, can't taste the difference and I use the mollasses in my year supply!
-normally I put it all in one big pan and it takes a while to cook, this time I put it in 2 cookie sheets and it only cooked for about 17 minutes total. Make sure to switch the pans every 5 minutes so they all get cooked the same.

No comments: