Thursday, November 20, 2008

Whole Wheat Pizza and Pesto

I am so excited Albert got my wheat grinder fixed! Now I just head out to the garage, grind some wheat and Presto! I have freshly ground flour. How sweet it is!


Whole Wheat Pizza and Pesto
(from Nie-Nie Cuisine)

2 3/4 Cups whole wheat flour
1 envelope active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoons sugar

Add yeast to one cup warm water, let sit. Mix dry ingredients together then add olive oil. Add yeast mixture and combine, kneading for about 5 minutes. Let rise for 30-45 minutes, roll out, and add ingredients. Cook in oven at 450 for about 15-18 minutes.


PESTO Sauce
3 cups basil leaves
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup pine nuts (I used almonds since I didn't have these)
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (I doubled this...what! I like cheese!)
1/2 tsp sea salt (I used regular)

Pulse basil leaves with olive oil and pine nuts. Add garlic, and cheese in food prosessor until finely chopped. Sprinkle in sea salt and ground pepper; process until smooth.

*I ended up putting pesto on the dough and adding sauteed chicken, garlic and onions. I added less cheese on top to see how it would turn out. Super Yum. Good as leftovers, but not the same as fresh out of the oven.

No comments: